Gary Mialocq

Gary Mialocq

The gentleman pictured below is Jean Jacques Mialocq (1859-1917), my grandfather.
He is the primary reason for this blog and I thank him for the opportunity to find my roots.

Jean Jacques Mialocq

Jean Jacques Mialocq
(1859-1917)

Sainte Suzanne, Aquitaine, France

Sainte Suzanne, Aquitaine, France

Stop the Music!

To stop the music, simply scroll to the very bottom. Merci!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My First Clue

I logged in to Ancestry.com and searched the Birth and Death Records without success. I then searched the 1910 Census and BINGO!  There it was!



He had arrived in San Francisco in 1884 and was living with my grandmother, Catherine, (misspelled with a 'K'), and my uncle Al, who was 9 months old. I knew that! I needed more. After spending days of research of old records and newspapers, I struck gold.  I found the Crocker Langley San Francisco Directory of 1900 and voila:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Genealogy : Build Your Online Family Tree, Share Your Family History, Improve Your Genealogy Research And Learn More About Your Ancestors