Gary Mialocq

Gary Mialocq

The gentleman pictured below is Jean Jacques Mialocq (1859-1917), my grandfather.
He is the primary reason for this blog and I thank him for the opportunity to find my roots.

Jean Jacques Mialocq

Jean Jacques Mialocq
(1859-1917)

Sainte Suzanne, Aquitaine, France

Sainte Suzanne, Aquitaine, France

Stop the Music!

To stop the music, simply scroll to the very bottom. Merci!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sainte Suzanne - Home of My Ancestors

Final Stop:  Sainte Suzanne - Home to the Mialocqs for Centuries









Wow is all I can say.  This adventure started with an email from a man whom I now know to be my cousin, Jean-Claude Mialocq asking me if I was interested in exploring the possibility that we may be related.

It picked up steam when I saw the television program, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, which featured Brooke Shields.  Brooke's parents broke up when she was just 5 months old and all she knew was that her mother had a mean mother, and that her father was Italian, well-to-do, and lived in Miami.  Her adventure, which led her to Italy and its palaces and royalty, and eventually to France, Henry IV, and eventually to a saint was an event that struck a nerve of curiosity in me that led to my amazing discovery.

I went in a short time from having practically no family or relatives to speak of, to now having 40 living relatives in France who are wonderfully friendly and warm and who make me proud to carry the name, MIALOCQ.  Here is a photo of just a few relatives in France, Jean-Claude's immediate family:



Vive le France!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Genealogy : Build Your Online Family Tree, Share Your Family History, Improve Your Genealogy Research And Learn More About Your Ancestors