Gary Mialocq

Gary Mialocq

The gentleman pictured below is Jean Jacques Mialocq (1859-1917), my grandfather.
He is the primary reason for this blog and I thank him for the opportunity to find my roots.

Jean Jacques Mialocq

Jean Jacques Mialocq
(1859-1917)

Sainte Suzanne, Aquitaine, France

Sainte Suzanne, Aquitaine, France

Stop the Music!

To stop the music, simply scroll to the very bottom. Merci!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Jurancon - the French Wine Country

I grew up within a short drive of Sonoma and the Napa Valley, California's famed wine district.  Now I would have an opportunity to see just what Pau and the famed wine district of Jurancon are like.  The location of Aquitaine is in the lower left hand corner of this map:


Homes in the area are absolutely stunning.  Views are fantastic and the region is one of the most beautiful in the world.  I will publish pictures of individual homes.  You merely have to click on the picture to be taken to a magical world.  Enjoy.  I know I will when I travel to see this gorgeous place.

Vente belle propriété à vendre Aquitaine, Saint Jean de Luz


vente belle demeure à vendre, aquitaine, pyrénées atlantiques, béarn, rivière


vente Belle Demeure à vendre, Aquitaine, Pau, Coteaux de Jurançon


There are literally hundreds more, but it is apparent that the homes in the area of Jurancon and Pau are fabulous, that the area is green and lush, and that the views are sensational.  Here are some photos of the city of Pau:












After seeing Pau, Jurancon, and the surrounding area I can't wait to visit in person and experience the land of my forefathers.  Two more stops:  1) Sainte Suzanne, the village where many of the Jean Mialocqs were born, and Aucun, the birthplace of my grandmother, Katie, a location I know nothing about.

1 comment:

Genealogy : Build Your Online Family Tree, Share Your Family History, Improve Your Genealogy Research And Learn More About Your Ancestors